Sunday, June 21, 2009

Movie Quotes I like


"No one told me there are different kinds of love. The kind that starts deep and slowly wears away; that seems you will never use it up and then one day it is finished. Then there is the kind you do not notice at first but which adds a little bit to itself every day like an oyster makes a pearl, grain by grain, a jewel from the sand. That is the kind I have come to know."

Brick Lane


"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. "

Love Actually




"When I was young, I thought everything is possible in the world. As I grew older, I realized I don't need everything to be possible anymore; I just need some things to be certain"

Brick Lane



"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

Crash




"I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it. "

The Color Purple


"Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it. "

Waitress


"I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are. "

Bridget Jones Diary




"There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft... When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness."

The Kite Runner







"For you, a thousand times over."

The Kite Runner










"Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors."

The Kite Runner






"One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs,or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls."

A Thousand Splendid Suns






"Behind every trial and sorrow that He makes us shoulder, God has a reason."

A Thousand Splendind Suns





1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful, going to use them in my blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog